Yoga all Summer!
Memorial Day – Labor Day
Stay connected and in community with Maha with our summer membership! Get over 3 months of unlimited yoga for $297 (originally $387) from Memorial Day through Labor Day!
PLUS! Use the #mahasummerathome hashtag and tag @mahayogastudio in your posts on social media for a chance to win a Manduka Black Mat PRO. One entry per post; winner to be drawn the week after Labor Day.
Intermediate/ Advanced 2-hour practice w/ Justicia
This class is for experienced students who want to practice together in community and approach intermediate and advanced poses in a supportive, fun way. Practice will move towards challenging poses with reverence and expert instruction from Justicia, and a conversation shared among all in class. Expect strong practice, deep laughter, and a respectful, inclusive practice. This is the arm balance edition.
Students are recommended to be able to kick up to handstand at the wall unassisted and balance headstand in the middle of the room (note those are recommendations and not requirements; if you are able to play your own edge safely and are interested, please join us! A range of modifications and options will be offered for all).
Saturday, May 30, 2-4pm. $25.
** Offered on a sliding scale for those experiencing income insecurity: $25 or pay what you can. Email us to access at a sliding scale **
Pride Fundraiser w/ Justicia & Haley
June is pride month! While Maha is in financial crisis, we recognize that the most vulnerable in our community are always at the highest risk. In this dual fundraiser, we will raise funds for Maha as well as The Attic- an incredible local institution that supports LGBTQ+ youth. Justicia will lead an hour of accessible, all levels yoga and Haley will follow with Yoga Nidra- an hour of guided meditation and relaxation.
Donations will be split 50/50 between Maha and The Attic. Generous donors are matching our fundraising efforts up to $2000 so your donations do double duty! If you’d like to contribute without attending the workshop (thank you!), send your donation via Venmo to @mahayogastudio and put Pride as the note.
Sunday, June 14, 2-4pm. Suggested donation $20- $150. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Intermediate/ Advanced Yoga Retreat @ Himalayan Institute
** canceled due to Covid-19 **
Learn the Sanskrit Alphabet w/ Manorama
This course is an immersion into the Sanskrit language through the study of the Sanskrit alphabet. It includes asana names, select mantras, and Luminous Soul Meditation and principles.
- proper pronunciation of the entire Sanskrit alphabet, giving you confidence to chant mantras and speak asana names with ease;
- why Sanskrit mantras are healing for the listener;
- the unique Sanskrit Studies Method of learning Sanskrit;
- the Luminous Soul Meditation practice, which teaches you how to quiet the mind and return it to a natural energized peaceful state, no matter the challenge;
- and develop insight into why Sanskrit is called the language of vibration and why that’s important.
Elements of the course include:
- proper pronunciation of the Sanskrit alphabet;
- understanding breath and its place in your yogic practice, as well as in chanting Sanskrit mantras;
- practice the Luminous Soul Meditation to help you access peace at any time;
- becoming skilled in chanting two select mantras that are popular in yoga classes around the world;
- Practice reading the Sanskrit letters in their original form, called devanagari, as well as in the transliteration script.
You’ll leave this Sanskrit Studies Method workshop feeling more confident and knowledgeable in your understanding of Sanskrit and how to incorporate the principles of the Sanskrit Studies Method into your life.
Saturday, Nov 21 & Sunday Nov 22.