Weeknight Cooking: Sautéed Zucchini + Arugula Salad
We’re all about a quick healthy meal that is easy to make post yoga class! Can’t wait to try this one this week!
Warm Sautéed Zucchini Salad With Millet
- 1 cup cooked millet or quinoa (½ cup uncooked)
- Olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise and in half lengthwise again, then sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Pinch of chili
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- Olives (Kalamata or black), pitted and cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper
1. If your millet isn’t already cooked, get that going in a medium pan, according to the package instructions (it will take about 15 to 20 minutes).
2. Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet. Add zucchini slices and spread out in the pan so they have room to cook. Season with a pinch of salt. Cook for about 3 minutes, tossing once or twice (you want the zucchini to get a little golden in places).
3. Add garlic and toss to combine in the pan. Let cook for another minute until garlic is fragrant. Add peas, and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
4. Stir chili, arugula, radishes, and olives into the warm pan.
5. Serve mixture over millet and top with fresh mint, feta, lemon juice, and cracked black pepper. Add another drizzle of good olive oil if you want. Toss once more to let ingredients mingle a little more.
Recipe courtesy of MindBodyGreen