Maha Yoga Teacher Training 200-hour Certification Program
October 2017-May 2018
The Maha Yoga Teacher Training is a thorough, effective program designed to deepen your yoga practice and deliver the key skills needed to lead outstanding yoga classes. The best yoga classes integrate fun, movement and alignment within the larger context of yoga’s rich history.
Throughout the course of this training, you are guaranteed to first transform your own yoga practice and up-level your personal health in the Yoga Immersion, and then develop practical techniques to share your authentic wisdom with others in meaningful yoga classes. The training begins with a 50-hour Yoga Immersion (co-taught by Zhenja and Justicia), where you will learn alignment principles and work on your own poses; after that; you may continue for 150 hours on the art and science of teaching.
This course covers:
- Thorough, in-depth asana practice of all categories of yoga poses, including standing postures, balancing poses, arm balances, inversions, backbends, twists, seated poses, hip openers and forward bends. Learn to adapt and modify these poses for different bodies, and expect to thoroughly deepen and polish your own practice.
- Principles of alignment, anatomy, and kinesiology, and their relevant application to all types of poses.
- How to develop a strong home practice, which is the most potent way to keep your teaching fresh and inspired.
- Skillful sequencing strategies for beginner, open levels, and intermediate/advanced groups. Includes various templates for class.
- Developing meaningful themes, and a structure to weave themes in to your class that gives your students deeper insight and understanding.
- Effective verbal and physical adjustments that give you a clear, confident approach.
- Progressive science of teaching inversions, from addressing raw beginners to advanced practitioners.
- Pranayama and meditation techniques, and how to expertly teach these in public classes.
- Yoga therapeutics, or how to use the science of yoga to heal common aches and pains in the physical body.
- Survey of common yoga injuries, and how to empower yourself and your students to practice in a way that promotes radiant health.
- History and philosophy of yoga and its practical relevance to the modern day yogi.
- Yoga lifestyle, which includes diet discussion, daily practices, and the simple wisdom of ayurveda you can use to thrive and lead by example.
- The business of yoga, including how to market yourself and grow
- Your teaching career post-graduation.
Immersion: Oct 14-15, Nov 4-5, Nov 18-19, Dec 2-3 2017
Teacher Training: Jan 6-7, Jan 20-21, Feb 3-4, Feb 17-18, March 3-4, March 24-25, April 7-8, April 21-22, May 5-6 2018
Testimonials from graduates:
I signed up for teacher training with Maha, to further my own yoga practice and to learn from teachers that I had come to respect as ‘expert witnesses’ of the yoga practice, movement, function and dysfunction of the body. It was a remarkable experience. I feel everything I have learned will enhance my practice as a bodyworker and yoga teacher. -L.H., 2012
I have experienced first-hand how [Justicia’s] expert knowledge of anatomy and how to apply it to our yoga asana practice, helps heal people on physical, emotional, energetic and mental levels. It s an absolute joy to be a part of this fun, safe and pure space you hold for this community. And the best part, I think, is taking this into my classes, to share with other students, and watching them learn and expand to new possibilities in their own practice. I’m seeing the progress in real-time. Thank you! -S.R., 2013
The Maha Immersion/Teacher Training program not only provided me with the skills to teach safe and healthy alignment, but also provided an opportunity for personal growth and empowerment. This transformative experience has elevated all corners of my life and for that I am very grateful. -Anonymous, 2014
Please email Justicia with any questions or concerns