Doesn’t this just look like the most delicious toast to savor with a glass of wine while sitting on the patio enjoying this beautiful Spring weather??
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt and red pepper flakes
- 1 15-ounce cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (about 1 3/4 cups)
- Half a 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Grated parmesan or pecorino romano
Heat oil, garlic, and a pinch or two of pepper flakes over medium-low in a medium skillet. Let cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until garlic is just barely golden at the edges. Add drained cannelini beans and stir to combine. Add salt, to taste. Cook beans in garlic oil for 3 to 4 minutes, adding a tablespoon of water if it looks dry. Stir in artichoke hearts and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, just to warm. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and/or pepper, if needed. Stir in parsley. Eat as-is, ladled over firm slices of toast, and/or finished with parmesan or pecorino cheese.
Courtesy of Smitten Kitchen